Page 3 sur 10
Posté : 25 mai 2010, 13:16
par Freight Dawg
L'accent? Il m'a fallu des annees comme expat et pas mal de voyages pour perdre une partie de mon accent francais. Mais je ne passe ni pour un americain, ni pour un britannique, certainement pas pour un
aussie! Pas pour un quebecois non plus...
En fait l'accent n'est pas le plus important, a partir du moment ou il ne gene pas la comprehension. La syntaxe, le vocabulaire et l'intonation sont plus importantes. On ne peut pas comparer avec les acteurs, parce qu'ils ont suivi des cours particuliers de
diction. Exemple: si vous avez vu
Blood Diamond en VO, Leonardo di Caprio a un excellent accent
afrikaner qui le rend credible. Je parie que ca lui a demande pas mal de travail...
Le probleme de niveau en anglais par rapport a nos voisins, c'est que le plus souvent les francais(e)s
traduisent du francais a l'anglais dans leur tete avant de parler (ou d'ecrire). Ce qui donne souvent lieu a des phrases mal construites. Pour etre bilingue dans une langue donnee, il faut arriver a
penser dans cette langue. Et ca, c'est pas facile...
Cheers 
Posté : 25 mai 2010, 14:25
par McCormick
"il faut arriver a penser dans cette langue"
- Il a du en ch. Clint alors, dans firefox...

Posté : 25 mai 2010, 16:25
par Strobeson
Et si on parlait en anglais sur ce topic ?
C'est pas en palabrant dans la langue de Molière que nous allons nous perfectioner en Anglais...
Posté : 25 mai 2010, 20:49
par McCormick
Ok, then go ahead Strobeson! hihi!!
Posté : 25 mai 2010, 21:39
par Freight Dawg
Looks like you got more than you bargained for, mate!
Cheers 
Posté : 25 mai 2010, 21:43
par 727
Yeah light our fire !
no kidding, singing my favorite songs worked out for me !
(most of you are wondering which are the ones for me huh ?!

)
cheers
Posté : 25 mai 2010, 22:54
par 727
flying_chad a écrit :727 a écrit :Yeah light our fire !
no kidding, singing my favorite songs worked out for me !
(most of you are wondering which are the ones for me huh ?!

)
cheers
The Doors, light my fire ?

YOU'RE BLOODY DAMN RIGHT BUDDY !
But to focus on the main subject, I think it will improve one's english skills to sing a song he/she likes (by that I mean no rap !) 'cause if you dig it you're more likely to read the lyrics, searching for understanding, tripping on the rythmn, let your musician soul blossom dudes !
It will also work (although a bit less 'cause you won't have to "speak") if you listen to your favourite movies in english or a report on any subject you like
cheers
Posté : 26 mai 2010, 01:38
par Chardy
Yeah, singing is one the best way. Another one is the to being in regular touch with english speaking people, like having a girl friend. Hey flyingchad, linda will be useful

. And for those who are worried about their accent, I recommend to them to learn phonetic alphabet (the stranges letters before every word in all dictionnaries) which was designed to read worldwide languages with neutral accent. Then practiced your prounonciation by reading in that alphabet. Work it, worth it and the progression is easy and quite quick. it also reminds me of an old topic which had also been written by golfcharlie, have a look at this link
http://forum.aeronet-fr.org/viewtopic.p ... sc&start=0
Posté : 26 mai 2010, 10:47
par Strobeson
Alright Folks, I have a little riddle for you then. Let's see who's gonna solve it first !...
The more you have of it, the less you see. What is it ?

Posté : 26 mai 2010, 11:27
par Strobeson
Yesss "the darkness" is the correct answer. Congratulations Flying-chad, you're very clever indeed!
Now, that's your turn to make us a riddle

Posté : 26 mai 2010, 12:43
par Strobeson
flying_chad a écrit :Okay then, if this is my call.... Here we go!
Caution wake turbulence, this one is tough !
You heard me before, yet you hear me again. Then I die, 'til you call me again. What am I?
This is dead easy, but I will let people find the answer

Posté : 26 mai 2010, 13:06
par flylfnh
flying_chad a écrit :Okay then, if this is my call.... Here we go!
Caution wake turbulence, this one is tough !
You heard me before, yet you hear me again. Then I die, 'til you call me again. What am I?
It could be an echo !
Fly...
Posté : 26 mai 2010, 14:18
par florian-airlines
It's so great and fatastic to speak English on this topic !!
But I haven't understand everything ...
Yes excuse me, I am just a pupil who has English at school 3 hours in a week. So I apologie for my mistakes ...
But don't worry, I always try to improve English !! Yes you see on July, I will go in Malta (Malte ?) to improve my English as well as possible
See you everybody !!
Flo
Posté : 26 mai 2010, 15:15
par KAG
Here are some hints for the quest of getting efficient and more than fluent:
-move your ass to an english speaking country, AND:
-have an activity (aviation training, a job...) that involves using english several hours a day, and:
-watch a movie EVERYDAY and repeat each single sentence to practice your pronouciation, your accent (record your voice if necessary and compare it), and:
-have some study material concerning aviation english (radio), learn it everyday, and:
-buy "english grammar in use", Raymond Murphy, Cambridge university press, (3 levels): do one exercise every day.
6 month after you'll be fine, but as you see it requires a bit more than coming to an english speaking country only... You have to do what it takes.
I recommend to them to learn phonetic alphabet (the stranges letters before every word in all dictionnaries) which was designed to read worldwide languages with neutral accent.
Sorry but I am not too sure about that.
Posté : 26 mai 2010, 17:59
par McCormick
"Here are some hints for the quest of getting efficient and more than fluent:
-move your ass to an english speaking country"
- And, what about doing the whole thing, I mean the whole training, let's say for 2 years, in the UK?
Then, your English's gonna be damn good!!
Posté : 26 mai 2010, 18:01
par McCormick
That's why I moved in the UK...
Posté : 26 mai 2010, 18:33
par Freight Dawg
That should read:
"That's why I moved to the UK..." Sorry, mate - couldn't help it!
Cheers 
Posté : 26 mai 2010, 20:09
par McCormick
Ok, I got it! hihi

Posté : 26 mai 2010, 20:11
par McCormick
Actually, I just wanted to be sure, you are aware of that fact...but, obviously you are!!

Posté : 26 mai 2010, 20:12
par McCormick
Well done, pal!!
